Thursday, October 21, 2010

Vanuatu Short Term Mission Trip

Quite a few people have asked me why I’m going to Vanuatu, so I thought I’d just write a blog about it.

Over the last year, I admit that I haven't really been doing "the Christian thing" as they say. I went off the tracks and did my own thing until everything in my life went wrong and I realised that I couldn't do everything on my own and that I was a fool for trying. So now I'm back in Rockhampton, living at my mother's house and trying to get my life back to God.

I started going back to my old church, the Rockhampton Baptist Tabernacle, and in the first week I went they were advertising that they desperately needed people to go on their mission trip to Vanuatu to build a house for Pastor Carlos and his family. The first week I thought I would be awesome to do but didn't take much notice of it, like it didn’t apply to me, but in the second week I started to get a feeling like it was something I was meant to do, cause hey, I had just moved back to Rockhampton, I don't have a job yet so I can get as much time off as I want, and I have a current passport (cause this was only three weeks before the trip).

I went home that night and was talking to my boyfriend on the phone about the trip and we prayed about it and we decided that I should go check it out and get more information about it. So that Tuesday I went and saw Eddie, who is the organiser of the trip, and I was pretty much accepted straight away.

I've never taken a step of faith this huge, as I said, I don't have a job at the moment so I had to rely on God's provision the whole way and also I've never had the guts to say yes when God has asked me to do something before. I can’t say I have built a house before, but I am willing to give it a go.

Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And I said, "Here am I. Send me!" – Isaiah 6:8

No comments:

Post a Comment