Thursday, February 9, 2012

Lessons learned the hard way...

Life has been pretty hectic lately. Without sharing details, some of my family members have been going through huge struggles, which has thrown my world into utter chaos. It hasn’t been easy on any of us.

I’ve learnt a lot through this recent set of struggles and I want to share a few of these lessons in a quick way. So here goes:

I’ve learnt that no matter how helpful you try to be or how good your intentions are, you can’t always please everyone. Simple. Obvious! Still, it’s taken me years to learn.

I’ve learnt that sometimes you need to step back and look after yourself and not feel guilty about it.

I’ve learnt that you need to try and find the some times very small moments of happiness and hold on to them through the dark times.

I’ve learnt that you need to prioritise the relationships in your life and spend time working on the important ones.

I’ve learnt that if someone wants to find some one to blame, there will always be an unlucky candidate, whether they’ve done something or not.

I’ve learnt that you aren’t able to get help unless you ask for it. It rarely is just waiting for you.

I’ve learnt that family isn’t always the people you are related to by blood.

I’ve learnt that I can’t get very far without God’s strength. That I really should remember that more often!


I've learnt that its best not to focus on the pain but look for the positives.


I’ve learnt is that people cope differently with tragedy and stress.

Most of all I’ve learnt that it’s ok not to be ok when so much is going wrong around you. I don’t even know if that makes any sense. I used to beat myself up for not coping as well as other people seem to in hard times but I’ve been able to come to terms with the fact that we all process things in different ways.

I would never have survived the last month without God, Will and my beautiful friends. Even through these hard times, I am truly grateful to be so blessed.

“When we see that you're just as willing to endure the hard times as to enjoy the good times, we know you're going to make it, no doubt about it.” 2 Corinthians 1:7 (Message Version)

“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” – 2 Corinthians 12:9

No comments:

Post a Comment